I am honored and thankful to have been nominated for the Liebster Award by two wonderful bloggers. First was Lydia of aidyl93, a brilliant story teller happily living her life, and the other was Niki of 11months26miles, a fellow runner from the UK who is training for the Edinburgh Marathon 2016, more than 13 years after completing her last marathon. I really enjoy following these ladies and reading what they have to say! Please go check out their blogs!!
First, I’ll post the rules, then answer the questions given to me (I combined the questions), then post the bloggers I’m nominating, and then my questions I’d like for them to answer! I think this is a super way to get to know other bloggers!
Rules for the Liebster Award:
Once you are nominated,
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post too.
- Nominate 5 -10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award. Let them know they have been nominated by commenting on one of their posts. You can also nominate the person who nominated you.
- Ensure all of these bloggers have less than 200 followers.
- Answer the eleven questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make eleven questions of your own for your nominees or you may use the same questions.
- Lastly, COPY these rules in the post.
- How, why, and when did you start blogging? When running, I tend to have all kinds of things go through my mind. Blogging is basically a way of releasing those things and moving on. As well, I wanted other slow/beginning runners to know that they weren’t alone, that there are others out there just like them, and vice-versa, although I have yet to find someone who runs as slow as I.
- Have you ever had a truly life-changing experience? No, not in a shocking sense. But I do feel that every life experience I’ve had has helped shaped me into who I am today.
- Why do you run? It’s all about the bling… and maybe it has a little bit to do with the sense of accomplishment too (there is no greater feeling).
- What is one thing on your bucket list you absolutely have to do? Run a Disney marathon. For the Bling. And the course. I’ll bet they’re the best courses ever.
- Describe a beautiful place that you’ve been. I actually live in the most beautiful place I’ve ever been. There are trees, mountains, trails, lakes, beaches, green everywhere, and 4 seasons. The bees are small and there are no poisonous snakes. I was born and raised in Arizona, and the Pacific Northwest is polar opposite from what I knew for the first 40 years of my life.
- What makes you happy? Being with my family. And naps after a long run. And nachos. Definitely nachos. 🙂
- What irritates you? That Common Core rubbish they teach in school these days. My blood pressure rises every time I think about it. And every time my child brings home homework. And every time that stupid assessment is taken at the end of the year so that the stupid school can have a stupid state rating, because after all, they teach to the test, NOT the kids. OMG. This might have to be a future blog post.
- Which song will always cheer you up? Anything sung by Michael Buble.
- Can you play any musical instruments? Violin and Piano (in the past).
- Did you enjoy science at school? Why/why not? Ummm, I could take it or leave it. I can’t really remember anything that stands out in my memory about science other than dissecting a worm and a frog and learning about dinosaurs. I did enjoy the dinosaurs.
- How many languages do you speak? One; uno; un; einer; odin; en; et… 1.
As for the nominees… I hope you all have a chance to answer the questions. I really enjoy getting to know you!
Here are the questions for the bloggers I nominated:
- How, why, and when did you start blogging?
- Have you ever had a truly life-changing experience?
- If you could meet one famous person alive today, who would it be?
- What is one thing on your bucket list you absolutely have to do?
- Describe a beautiful place that you’ve been.
- What makes you happy?
- What irritates you?
- Which song will always cheer you up?
- Can you play any musical instruments?
- What does your ideal day consist of?
- What is one thing you really like about yourself?
Looking forward to reading your responses!