I’m here in Boise now and I’ve reached total freak-out mode which is perfectly normal for me the night before a race. I’m a bit of a babbling mess, but I thought I’d gather some of the thoughts going through my mind regarding tomorrow…
- Did I train enough?
- No, I could use another month. Time rewind please.
- Why the hell am I doing this? Why didn’t I sign up for the 10K? I like 10Ks… that’s a more doable distance.
- Oh right, it’s the bling. The bling motivates me. It’s all about the bling.
- If I can make it through tomorrow, I’ll train better next time. I promise!!
- I hope I don’t have a panic attack.
- Did I train enough? I don’t think I’ve trained enough.
- I don’t think I have enough pockets for all the gel I’m going to need.
- Maybe I should’ve brought my water bottle belt. I’m going to run out of water. Surely four aid stations isn’t going to be enough.
- My calf is sore. Oh no… why is my calf sore? Oh, right, uncross your legs.
- I should’ve done more hills. I would be stronger if I’d done more hills.
- I wish I could walk faster. For that matter, I wish I could run longer without stopping.
- I should’ve done more long runs.
- Did I train enough???? I don’t think I’ve trained enough!!!
- Did I fuel properly this week? Will it last me through my run or am I going to run out of gas?
- Nooo, the sun is going down! It’s almost time for bed! When I wake up, I’m going to have to run 13 point 1 freaking miles. Why the hell am I doing this?
- I so need a drink!
We arrived in Boise today, visited the race expo, it’s getting dark and it’s almost time to turn in for an early start tomorrow. This time tomorrow, I’ll be one bling richer!! Cheers everyone!!