We all want to help our favorite charities this time of year, but sometimes the holidays leave us strapped for extra cash. There are other ways you can help out…
- When I order something from Amazon, I go to smile.amazon.com. Exact same site; however, you get to register a charity and 0.5% of your purchase price goes to the charity. This amount adds up, especially if you’re an Amazon shopping addict like The Motivator.
- Register at iGive.com. Click a shopping website through their link, buy something, and again, a portion of your purchase goes to your favorite charity.
- GoodSearch.com. There are dozens of coupon codes here that will save you money on checkout at some popular online stores. When you use these coupon codes, the website will then donate to your charity.
- Credit card points. Most credit card companies will allow you to donate your points to the charity of your choice.
- If you love to walk, jog, wog, run, or bike, download the Charity Miles app from CharityMiles.org. For every mile you walk or run inside or out, you’ll earn up to 25 cents per mile, and for every mile you bike outdoors, you’ll earn up to 10 cents per mile. Once you’re done, share your achievement on Facebook or Twitter, and your donation will be delivered! I haven’t actually tried this one yet, but I’m downloading it now and will see what happens on my scheduled long run today.
Giving and being able to help in any little way is a fulfilling feeling, and everyone wins. Does anyone else have any tips or ideas on how to give during the holiday season or even year round?
Today is the first day of Hanukkah! Blessings to those who are celebrating! Happy Hanukkah!