Some days I’m just not in the mood to be happy and cheerful. Today was one of those days. It started off way too early this morning when driving to work. The roads were icy. They looked like they were only wet, but they were pure ice. There were times when I slid across the center line because my tires had no traction. I’m fast starting to really dislike winter…
Then the internet was down when I got there. Something was off with Frontier/Hughes Net (our satellite service), but they weren’t owning up to it (and no, I’m not afraid to name names). The printer/fax/copy machine also decided to go kaput. Hurt animals seemed to come into the facility in droves. One guy brought in an injured hawk in a compression nylon hose garment thing, keeping its wings pinned to its side. The poor bird was so stressed by not being able to move, and he had to be cut out of this stupid compression hose thing. The guy who brought him seemed like a caring person, but this is what he thought was appropriate to contain a hawk… pin his wings to his side. Bloody clueless is what he was.
As well, some delivery guy backed out over one of the facility’s signs and destroyed it…
And never mind the headless deer at the end of the facility’s drive who had been hit by a car. What the hell happened to its head?! Oh right… a dog was seen running off with it… What??!!
But then I got home, had a nice cup of tea, and checked out my WordPress Reader. Reading so many good stories and blogs seemed to make all my cares go away…
I got to read about:
- A loving couple at The Revenge Wogger, a husband being so wonderful to his wife who has been newly diagnosed with breast cancer;
- A two-legged dog overcoming obstacles on Kindness – Pass It On;
- Funny signs on Chuckles and Laughs;
- Taking a total “me” day on The Shameful Sheep;
- Watch what you say (it could have long-term damage) on Uldis Blog;
- A response in avoidance of (that cracks me up, avoidance of) The Daily Post’s Writing Prompt (gorgeous pictures of her Savannah and Savannah/Bengal kitties) at Zombie Flamingoes;
- A beautiful picture-flower-thank-you to blogger Lynn at Lynz Real Cooking;
- Tasha at Hit Below The Belt Hard with her Friday Funnies…
- And I can always count on Jane from Jane Runs Wild and Sharon from Artistic Sharon Runs and Lucy from Losing Anonymously to keep me motivated daily to get on that treadmill to continue with my running streak!
Just to name a few!! It was so nice to be able to come out of myself and go far away from my world. I appreciate you all, and I appreciate what you write.
In other news… I have streaked for 8 days now, for a total of 16 miles. The mileage will go up a little bit once we hit Maui next week. And yes! Only 1 more week until I’m sipping cocktails on the beach… in the warm sun… no snow, no ice… and swimming!! Swimming in January when I’ve been frozen to the bone since November… I can’t wait!!
In the meantime, to all of you… keep up the great blogging! You reach a lot of people, and you never know who you might make smile… or make their day with your encouraging words or life lessons!