Hmmmm…. I wonder whatever happened to that weird chick from NADB?
Need I say more?! Meet Corduroy (Cordy) and Buttons. Yes, they’re litter mates – true-blue brothers bound by blood. They came from Texas and were rescued from a kill shelter after mom and siblings were dropped off. All of them found homes in either Colorado or the Pacific Northwest, so everyone had a happy outcome. And now those adorable, time-consuming pups are 3-1/2 years old.
Let’s see… what else…
The child (AJ) just turned 17. He’s in 11th grade and finally got to attend high school for the first time ever this fall. He let his hair grow nearly as long as mine during the pandemic, but then we had a chat. So we compromised.
Other notes of (possible) interest:
- I got a new job working in the finance department of a health insurance company.
- While I resigned from working at the wildlife rescue and rehab hospital, I am now a member of the Board of Directors as Treasurer.
- I have returned to school to obtain my CPA.
- I haven’t run a race since Marine Corps Marathon 2018, which I was a DNF as I got sick on the trip and, quite honestly, wasn’t trained properly… I was pulled after 10 miles.
- Thanks to the pandemic, James now has a permanent remote position and works at home. More time to spend with the pups, ha!
- We lost Meeps in September to liver failure. He was 10.
Holy crap… short and sweet and to the point, I guess. Lots of other things have happened, but I think that’ll suffice for now.
I am thankful to have been able to keep in touch with a lot of you on Instagram while I took this long break and am looking forward to catching up with you here. Also I’m thankful for the friends I made and kept through Strava and SquadRunner. It’s been a blast.
But for now, Cordial’s and I bid you adieu. Ja ne! (Anyone? Anyone?)
(Perhaps I should rename this blog to”How Paula Got Her Groove Back.” 😉 )